Level 7 Level 9
5 words 0 ignored
Ready to learn Ready to review
Check the boxes below to ignore/unignore words, then click save at the bottom. Ignored words will never appear in any learning session.
(16) 1712 - 1778. Swiss writer, musician, and philosopher who greatly influenced the French Revolution and many thinkers of the 18th century. Contributed to the development of modern sociological and educational thinking.
(17) 1225 - 1274. Italian born Dominican priest. Saint of the Catholic Church. Synthesized the Aristotelian and Scholastic traditions.
(18) 1632 - 1704. British philosopher and medical researcher. Wrote one of the first great defenses of empiricism.
John Stuart Mill
(19) 1806 - 1873. Most influential British philosopher in the 19th century. Wrote on many subjects, but his influence today is mostly on moral and political philosophy.
(20) 1905 - 1980. French philosopher, novelist, and playwright, sometimes called the father of Existentialist philosophy.